Remix - Compiling flatIColonyNetwork.sol : You shall not have another CompilerStack aside me

I am following the _Docs_getStarted.md instructions found in the release candidate here

Remix Settings:

Compiler 0.5.8
Language: Solidity
EVM Version: compiler default

ColonyNetwork

Branch: 'origin/develop'

I ran $ yarn flatten:contracts
I copied the flatIColonyNetwork.sol output from /build/flattened/ to Remix.
Compiling that generates the error:

Internal exception in StandardCompiler::compile: /root/project/libsolidity/interface/CompilerStack.cpp(80): Throw in function dev::solidity::CompilerStack::CompilerStack(const ReadCallback::Callback &)
Dynamic exception type: boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<langutil::InternalCompilerError>
std::exception::what: You shall not have another CompilerStack aside me.
[dev::tag_comment*] = You shall not have another CompilerStack aside me.

Higher compiler versions request I change the pragma with this error:

browser/flatIColonyNetwork.sol:282:6: TypeError: This type is only supported in the new experimental ABI encoder. Use "pragma experimental ABIEncoderV2;" to enable the feature.
(ReputationLogEntry memory reputationLogEntry);
^------------------------------------------^

However when that adjustment is made it gives the same error as above.

Anyone happen to know how to resolve this stack error?

Much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @ExperimentsWithCode, I tried to reproduce your error but the contract compiled fine for me (although I had to replace pragma experimental "v2.0.0"; with pragma experimental ABIEncoderV2;).

Can you maybe try again and see if it works? Also, I didn’t copy/paste the contract but rather opened it using Remix’s file explorer, maybe that makes a difference?

This error looks like other errors that remix has thrown in the past that’s dependant on browser - what OS and browser are you using?

hey sorry forgot to update, doing the import seemed to work out. I’m on an off brand unbuntu POP!_OS 19.10 on Brave v1.0.1