Recovered Colony naming

HI all,

My colony was recently recovered but the recovered colony has “Recovered…” prefixes for its name and the sub-domains. Also the sub-domains are now named “1” and “2”:

For comparison, here is the old display pre-recovery:

Is it possible to set the names back to the human friendly ones? Perhaps I can do this via the ColonyJS API?

Thanks,

James

You should be able to change all of the names and profiles back to their original text in the admin panel for your colony.

Hi @auryn ,

I tried to set the main colony name but the field, at least in Firefox, is not editable. I was able to set the “About” field and save that change. “Colony Display Name”, “Website” and “Contribution Guidelines URL” do not appear to be accepting input events.

I’m not sure actually where to go to admin sub-domains. If click to sub-domain, I don’t see any option to edit it:

There are some errors in the JavaScript console…it looks like maybe an ABI is out of synch?

TypeError: asm.js type error: expecting argument type declaration for 'e' of the form 'arg = arg|0' or 'arg = +arg' or 'arg = fround(arg)' 1.bundle.js:177:96818 Swarm listening on /dns4/colony.io/tcp/9091/wss/p2p-webrtc-star/ipfs/QmcffpxAJnn8pLZF5T6QUEEehcSQvgsLUHqyYhESmV3hnh 1.bundle.js:132:129707 Swarm listening on /dns4/colony.io/tcp/9090/wss/p2p-websocket-star/ipfs/QmcffpxAJnn8pLZF5T6QUEEehcSQvgsLUHqyYhESmV3hnh 1.bundle.js:132:129707 Swarm listening on /p2p-circuit/ipfs/QmcffpxAJnn8pLZF5T6QUEEehcSQvgsLUHqyYhESmV3hnh 1.bundle.js:132:129707 Swarm listening on /p2p-circuit/dns4/colony.io/tcp/9091/wss/p2p-webrtc-star/ipfs/QmcffpxAJnn8pLZF5T6QUEEehcSQvgsLUHqyYhESmV3hnh 1.bundle.js:132:129707 Swarm listening on /p2p-circuit/dns4/colony.io/tcp/9090/wss/p2p-websocket-star/ipfs/QmcffpxAJnn8pLZF5T6QUEEehcSQvgsLUHqyYhESmV3hnh 1.bundle.js:132:129707 MetaMask: MetaMask will soon stop reloading pages on network change. If you rely upon this behavior, add a 'networkChanged' event handler to trigger the reload manually: https://metamask.github.io/metamask-docs/API_Reference/Ethereum_Provider#ethereum.on(eventname%2C-callback) Set 'ethereum.autoRefreshOnNetworkChange' to 'false' to silence this warning: https://metamask.github.io/metamask-docs/API_Reference/Ethereum_Provider#ethereum.autorefreshonnetworkchange' backend.js:6:2315 WARNING: No such event "ColonyAdministrationRoleSet" in loaded ABI backend.js:6:2315 WARNING: No such event "ColonyArchitectureRoleSet" in loaded ABI backend.js:6:2315 WARNING: No such event "ColonyFundingRoleSet" in loaded ABI backend.js:6:2315 WARNING: No such event "ColonyRootRoleSet" in loaded ABI backend.js:6:2315 ICE failed, add a TURN server and see about:webrtc for more details ICE failed, add a TURN server and see about:webrtc for more details

Thanks,

James

Would you mind trying in Chrome or Brave? We don’t officially support Firefox yet, so this may be a Firefox specific bug.

Hi @auryn,

I was able to update the Colony name in Chrome to remove the “Recovered” prefix but I still see no way to edit the sub-domains. Is there a user guide for the updated release?

Thanks,

James

You should see an “edit domain” link when you hover over each domain in the admin panel.

1 Like

That worked. It seemed very non-intuitive to me, perhaps some visual cue indicating editability would help?

Thanks,

James

1 Like