I was wondering it’d be possible to implement some kind of market (buyer/seller) features into Colony ?
For instance, imagine a non-profit organization getting food from store and redistributing it to people in needs. This organization would give X quantity of its own ERC-20 Token to every member, so that those people could claim the food they need each week.
- How would you manage to register this group of people who’d need to get some “approval” ? There could be a system of Waiting-list / Black-list / White-list for example.
- I was thinking of separating these user into separate Domains, but how to do the register process with user permissions ?
- How could we allow White-listed users to spend their credits ? Can we send a native Colony Token (not the CLNY token) to approved users’ wallets ?
- If it’s possible, what are the required steps to allow sending tokens from a colony to users’ wallet ? I tried the
TokenClient.transferFrom.sendmethods but that did not work.
- If that’s not possible, I was thinking of creating a sub-domain and pot to each user, then move funds from the global funding pot to each user pot. However, can we allow only one specific user to move funds from a specific pot to another ?
I know it sounds a lot like District0x but let me know if we could manage to implement this kind of features using Colony’s native features !