How to automatically invite members to complete tasks

Is there a way to automatically identify colony members most suitable for a given task based on their skillset match and reputation?

Ex: We have the task “Review pitch deck for Startup 1 Inc” which is a SaaS startup located in California.

We would ideally like to be able to automatically identify which members in our Colony have high reputations for SaaS? And only those which are located in California would be an added bonus.

Once identified, we would then like to invite those members to complete the task. Is there a specific script that is relevant to do this? And if so, any advice on how to not send the task to too many people? Or some kind of task invitation system that sequentially invites people by highest reputation rank until one of them accepts the task?

1 Like

That is a really interesting idea, but not one that we have explored just yet.

So assuming it’s a manual process then to allocate a task to a “Worker”, where in the code below do we specify which workers can do this particular task?

// Add a task
await colonyClient.addTask.send({
  specificationHash: 'Qm...',
  domainId: 1,
  skillId: 2,
  dueDate: new Date('...'),
});

Currently we support manually inviting individual users to “work” on a task – i.e. once you have already decided who the worker will be, you can (with their sign-off) assign them to the task. You may have off-chain processes for worker selection (i.e. in the simplest case, a google survey where workers register their interest, and then you pick one), but ultimately the on-chain step is a manual one. You can find the relevant docs here:

It sounds like you are proposing a mechanism to “pre-approve” some number of users, any of whom can then claim the worker role without further input from you. That’s not something we’ve explored seriously, although there’s been a fair amount of talk about ways to make the task flow more general to support these kinds of use-cases (including things like a task which can be completed up to X times, etc), so I would expect more movement on this over the next few months.

2 Likes